More info will go here as I begin work...stay tuned!
This build will use 1/2 inch copper water pipe as the primary material for all structural parts. As of now my intent is a cartesian design drawing from a few popular printers. I'm going to use the least amount of printed parts as possible and locally source as much as I can. I have built an EMT-conduit core-xy printer in the past and while it worked out fine, I feel copper is easier to work, manufactured with more precision, still reasonably inexpensive and will look super cool!
- Build License:
- CC - Creative Commons Public Domain (CCO 1+)
Reason for this BuildI'm building this to replace an aging and worn Sunhokey acrylic i3 clone. I learned 3d printing on this old machine and almost every part has been changed, customized, or upgraded over the years. Despite its meager origins, its been the most-used and most-loved printer in my fleet of four! I want my CupraForge to incorporate all the features I have added to my Sunhokey with improved speed, accuracy, durability and a larger print capacity.