I have designed a CNC router featuring a 3 axis V-Slot rail system. I plan to make a custom plate kit and full plans available through a crowd funding project.
New Name and Updated Design.
- Rigid V-slot extrusion frame
- Robust 15mm wide belt drive system on x,y, and z with dual motors on the long axis
- 12 custom designed 3/8" 6061 aluminum plates
- Working area of 33" X 25" X 4" (Can be made larger or smaller
This router is now called the Cheetah CNC 1.1. I have made changes to the design to allow a more efficient use of materials and to minimize deflection using better mechanical advantage.
Images of the New Design:
- 20 X 80 extrusion for the z axis beam instead of a 2040
- Double beam on the gantry axis instead of a single beam
- The gantry belt drive was relocated to make room for a second beam.
- The gantry beam was moved forward to minimize deflection through the gantry plates.
Cheetah 1.1 CNC Router
I hope to have a working prototype built soon.
- Build License:
- CC - Attribution NonCommercial - Share Alike - CC BY NC SA
Reason for this BuildI designed this router for personal use and to share with others.