BlackBox Motion Control System
The BlackBox is an all in one motion control system that is an amazing innovation that will pave the way for all motion controllers in its class!
After years of research and development the BlackBox is finally here, and it is all that we expected it to be!
Offering a Plug and Play easy connection system that works directly with the OpenBuilds Xtension wiring ecosystem this controller is easy to use, and extremely powerful! The BlackBox uses 4 High Powered 3.2A Stepper Drivers with a Max rating of 4A to provide the user with more than enough power to control their projects.
Get your BlackBox CNC Controller here!
OpenBuilds BlackBox Specifications
- Plug and Play easy connections that work directly with the OpenBuilds Xtension wiring ecosystem
- Muscle & Brains boards stacked configuration
- 4 x High Powered 3.2A Stepper Drivers (Max rating 4A)
- Auxiliary Serial Input for alternative connectivity expansion
- USB Interface for Plug and Play
- Power Switch (no more reaching for the power strip or unplugging)
- Easily reachable Current Adjustment Potentiometers
- All new high end Enclosure/Case included, with built in back-lit indication LEDs
- Built in cooling solution/through airflow design
- Easy V-Slot compatible Mounting
- 3 x Endstop inputs with optional power output (Selectable 5v/24v) for use with Mechanical or powered switches such as Inductive sensor
- Endstop inputs are protected against high voltages to allow for use of 24v Inductive Sensors
- XYZ Probe input
- Up to 24v 5A switched output for coolant devices such as 24v DC pumps, solenoids, contactors, or Solid State Relays
- Input Power Polarity protection with indicator LED
- 10 Amp Input Power Fuse
- LED Indicators USB Serial | Power | Polarity | Probe | Motors Enabled | 4x Fault indicators | Coolant, (Spindle/Laser/Toolhead) | RGB LED behind top cover Logo
- Stepper Driver Fault condition (Overheat, Short Circuit, etc) indicator LEDs for each axes allows you to pinpoint trouble easier.
- 5v PWM and 5v Direction Spindle Signals
- 0-10v Analog Spindle Control Signal Output for VFD Spindles
- Slave Axis configurable as a slave X, Y or Z
- Door Interlock signal connector to allow machines with enclosures to pause/resume when the door opens/closes
- Up to 1/32 Microstepping (Defaulted to 1/8 for higher Torque)
- Well planned locations of all connectors to allow for logical cable management
- Configurable Relay for generic use cases (Plasma trigger, Coolant Pumps, Spindle control, etc
BlackBox Motion Control System
The Openbuilds BlackBox is a new system evolved around a set of subsystems that cover more than just control and also more than just CNC type applications! With a plug-and-play easy connection system this controller can be used with ease, without sacrificing power.
- Build License:
- CC - Attribution NonCommercial - Share Alike - CC BY NC SA
Reason for this BuildTo offer a system that is hacker friendly and provides the power and sophistication to adapt to multiple machine designs.
Inspired byAll the Open Source controllers who we have built from