Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

y stepper Issue

Discussion in 'OpenBuilds Bug Report' started by William Campbell, Jan 11, 2021.

1. William Campbell

Builder

after using my lead 1515 for couple day, I noticed my y axis are not running right. the gantry sometimes tweaks off lineament . by this I mean the right moves forward and the left moves back words. I switched motors with the x axis thinking it was a motor issue. but it isn't. what could cause this to happen? PLEASE HELP . everything was fine up to know, I used it off and all day. just started having this issue this evening,

2. sharmstr

sharmstr OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

Couple of things to check.

First, check your grbl settings and make sure that one of your Y's is still inverted. More than likely this isnt the issue, but it a quick check to eliminate it as an issue.

Next, check your wiring for loose or broken connections. It should be easy to determine which Y is the problem so you can focus your search.

3. William Campbell

Builder

Thank You, SharMastr. you must be a cnc veteran! sure enough the green wire was installed under the little clamp in the connecter. in y 1 on the right Thank You Thank You.

If I could ask you, Im using the OpenBuilds prob and 2D pro by v carve. After make my g code for a cut up the y axis for a dado, I'm off 1/16 or 1.5875mm any help with that, what am I'm doing wrong?

sharmstr likes this.
  4. sharmstr

sharmstr OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

Couple of things to check

1 - Have you ever calibrated your steps? If not, and you're using OB Control, head into the Wizards and do so.

2 - Have you measured your endmill to verify the dimensions of it?

3 - Last thing I can think of is perhaps you are losing steps. However, that would be pretty evident when cutting something. But since we are on the subject, you should check your grub screws on your motor pulleys. They tend to rattle loose. Since it sounds like a fairly new build, its a good idea to check everything. I still find loose screws 2 years later :)

David the swarfer likes this.