Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Y Limit Switch status stays OFF during initial setup and test.

Discussion in 'Control Software' started by netminder, Jan 30, 2021.

1. netminder

netminder New
    Builder

Just finished assembling my Mini Mill and went through the initial setup and tested all jog functions for X Y Z.

All working great.

I then proceeded to troubleshoot and test the 3 limit switches, X and Z status turn on when I press them, but the Y limit stays in the OFF status.

I've gone ahead and completely unplugged the wiring for the Y limit and re-stripped the ends and properly connected them up again. I even tried a spare limit switch I happen to order in the event that I had a defective switch, but even after swapping for the other switch, the status is stubbornly still staying OFF when engaging the click...

I'm out of ideas right now as I've tried just about everything I can given the parts I've got.

One thing to note, I do see the LED light turn on inside the limit switch when the click is engaged.

It's just not being reflected within the status on the troubleshooting screen of the OBC

currently running OBC on MacOS Catalina

hoping someone with knowledge can chime in and kick some my way.

2. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder