Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Y axis problem

Discussion in 'General Talk' started by Yanis, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Yanis

Yanis New
    Builder

Hi. My name is Yanis and I am new to cnc. I have workbee 1500 x 1500 with Blackbox, I bought it from SPAM , initially it had NOVUSUN controller set up with Drufel soft.I did cut one sign, but then it started to give me errors, x axis limit reached or xyz axis limit reached. I decided to change controller to a Openbuilds Blackbox, because I read good reviews, and wanted grbl anyway. I kind of got it running, but y axis is stalling now, wich never happened with NOVUSUN . There are no warnings or "!" lights on. Some times I can jog it back and forth no problem, and then it starts to stall one of the y axis motors. Usually it stalls and when I jog it again it goes 15cm or so and stalls again.I attached small video. I Hope somebody can give me some advice. Thanks

Attached Files:

2. Gary Caruso

Gary Caruso OpenBuilds Volunteer
    Staff Member Moderator Builder

Did you try increasing the current with the current adjust pots?
    Set it to about 75%, also if one motor is always the one cutting out then it's probably a wire issue.
    Cheers
    Gary

3. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

Check Grbl settings > Dial back Acceleration, the BM motors are high inductance, doesn't accelerate very well

David the swarfer likes this.
  4. Yanis

Yanis New
    Builder

Thanks for sugestion, but they are sitting on 75%, when tried to increase got red "!".Tomorrow will try to swap y and y2 motor plugs to see if the same motor stalls.

5. Yanis

Yanis New
    Builder

Thanks.I did not think about that. Will try that as well, they are high torque nema23 steppers, what should be good Acceleration?

6. Peter Van Der Walt

Expirement with the values. No one will be able to give you a number as no two setups are exactly the same

7. Yanis

Yanis New
    Builder

Thanks for your advice, it looks like acceleration adjustment helped. Had to turn it down a lot. Did 5 hello world jobs no problem during that, but after first two jobs Controller soft crushed, lost connection with Blackbox. After restart everything good again. After last 3 jobs no problem. Actually motor stalled once during a jog, between the jobs, after that I reduced maximum jog speed, it seems like everything is good now. Will play more next week. Would you have any sugestions for ofline Gcode generators? My workshop is in a bad area, very week Network
    Yanis

8. Peter Van Der Walt

9. Yanis

Yanis New
    Builder