Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

xpro V5 - Advice setting up 4th/5th Axis

Discussion in 'Controller Boards' started by Jontyash, May 6, 2022.

1. Jontyash

Jontyash New
    Builder

Hey all,

I have a quenbe pro from SPAM which runs a stepper on x and z axis and also 2 on a double Y axis set-up.

I have since bought a rotary axis which I'd like to set-up but my question is - does anyone know if this is possible with the xproV5 please? If so - is there any documentation you can point me to please?

From what I've seen, it looks like as the two steppers on the Y axis are a clone of each other, I should be able to do it but I'm just not sure how to go about that.

If anyone could help I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!

2. Jontyash

Jontyash New
    Builder

So I need some help to save myself from making mistakes with my machine please! I've been using it for ages but there's a safety issue I need to resolve and struggling with it for ages.

The limit switches work great when homing the machine but:
    1. They don't stop the machine if I'm manually jogging it - so if I accidentally move the machine too far it smashes into itself. I'm sure there's a safety setting somewhere to avoid this but I can't find it - please help!
    2. Also I'd like to set the limits the other way as well so the machine doesn't hit itself at the end of the Y axis but again it doesn't seem to work, if the job is too big, the machine will just run it and then hit itself.

If you could point me in the right direction, I'd be forever grateful.

Thanks!

3. David the swarfer

David the swarfer OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

4. mwipp66

mwipp66 New
    Builder

Jontash, Did you ever end up getting a rotary axis setup with your quenbe? I plan on doing the similar, but haven't seen a great answer on dealing with the Y-axis motors.