Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

XPro v4 Fan on board header

Discussion in 'Controller Boards' started by DFRoss, Feb 11, 2019.

Tags:
  1. DFRoss

DFRoss New
    Builder

Hi folks, new here and new to CNC with a first post. Jogged my first steppers this weekend so just passed that major newbie milestone.

I have a three wire fan (new) off the on-board header for the XPro v4. When I first turn on the board the fan runs at high RPM (maybe full, maybe not - but fast spin rate). Eventually the fan slows and stops, and the controller temps appear to run high enough that I'd expect the fan should be running.

Is there a fan setting someplace in firmware to control fan speed, or should I just skip the three-wire header and wire straight to 12v?

Thanks.

2. Mark Carew

Mark Carew OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

As far as we can see it does not support a 3 pin smart fan. So you can use a 2 pin fan it will plug in and you can find it here - 24V Cooling Fan

you can see the + and - in the pic below

bottom pin.PNG

3. DFRoss

DFRoss New
    Builder

Thanks. I ended up pulling a different 3-wire fan from the pile-o-parts and it seems to be holding its RPM. Maybe a defective fan out of the box. On the other hand, the board also doesn't seem to throttle speeds, despite the three-pin connector.

Thanks for the reply.