Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

X Y Z Vibration

Discussion in 'General Talk' started by TheWasher, Mar 18, 2021.

1. TheWasher

TheWasher New
    Builder

Hi,

I'm new to the forum and hoping someone can help me out. I finished my build and ramped up the speed to 1000mm/min. I noticed some pretty severe vibrations come from all XYZ axis. I attached a video of the X-Axis making the vibration noise.

I'm using the 3-in-1 silicon lubricant on the lead screw.

The lead screw is also flexing and doesnt look "straight" when it's turning.

Attached Files:

2. Kevon Ritter

Kevon Ritter Veteran
    Builder

A lot of what you hear is resonance. The aluminum is acting as an amplifier for the steppers.

3. OICITNOW

OICITNOW New
    Builder

I had that issue on my lead 1515 after cutting MDF, seems some of the dust landed on the lead screws causing them to make that same noise and eventually binding and racking the machine.
    Dust was getting pinched between the nut blocks and the lead screw. I pulled the lead screws wiped then down and flushed the nutblocks out with silicone lube. After reassembly problem gone..
    I wont be cutting anymore MDF unless i can catch all of the dust as its really abrasive nasty stuff in dust form. Just my thoughts, hope it helps.