Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

X-axis Screw stalling/jamming

Discussion in 'CNC Mills/Routers' started by Jack1981, Jun 21, 2022.

1. Jack1981

Jack1981 New
    Builder

Hi!

I just finished my Lead 1515 build but I am having a problem:

My x-axis stalls/jams randomly when I jog it.

This screw was very difficult when I was threading it through the nut blocks. The other screws went pretty easy but with this one I had a lot of difficulty no matter which side/block I started from. I looked it up in this forum and it seemed like this happens. When I eventually got it through and set up it was so tight that the motor could not turn it.

I saw that many people had this issue and disconnected the motor, dry lubed the screw, and ran the screw many times from a power drill. This loosened it up (although I still can't turn it by hand) and the motor was able to turn it.

However, whenever I jog it for a bit or even when I start a job it jams. It's random and not consistently in one spot. I also happens at different speeds although less so if I lower it down to 50% or less.

I re-tentioned the screw. I checked that I am using the default GRBLS for a 1515.

I think it is the screw or nut blocks. The screw whips much more than the others do.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

2. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

I'd run it a little more till its easy to turn by hand :)