Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

X-Axis Problem while Surfacing/ Flattening [wizard]

Discussion in 'OpenBuilds Forum Help' started by notoro, Jun 23, 2024.

1. notoro

notoro New
    Builder

Hi, this is my first post on the forum [noob]. I've been putting my together my Workbee 1510 slowly for the past few months and its been a battle. At this point its basically all put together at this point but I'm having issues with my X-Axis.

During my surfacing and flattening wizard program, the cnc is going outside of the programmed area. It looks like the CNC believes it is done its pass and will step over earlier then it should. Because of this, the CNC will go outside the intended surfacing area and hit my X-Limit Switch. Please see attached pictures.

I though the the X-axis might have been too tight, so i loosened the the eccentric spacers. It was working pretty smoothly after I did that, but then the X-Axis started veering to the left.
    Im not sure what to do at this point. If you guys have any idea what the cause of this is, i would love to resolve it and start building things!!

upload_2024-6-23_20-39-4.jpeg
    upload_2024-6-23_20-39-28.jpeg upload_2024-6-23_20-39-55.jpeg

2. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

Check grubscrews on shaft coupler / pulleys

Setup surfacing job dimensions keeping endstops in mind. Framing pass will run outside dimensions.

3. notoro

notoro New
    Builder

hi Peter,

Thanks for your reply. Are you talking about these (below)?

If so, i should be checking if theyre tight? I think i mightve stripped one -.-

Do you know what spec screw this is? i might try to replace it.

upload_2024-6-24_22-50-40.jpeg

Attached Files:

4. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team

Yes, check those. But if its belt, could also be damaged belt (broken reinforcement strands causing stretch), incorrect belt tension (pull to about 12kg), etc
    Move pulley outward a bit, you want belt centered on pulley, not rubbing on the flange like your pic shows.

5. notoro

notoro New
    Builder

Ok let me try this, would overtightening the belt be the cause of this problem?

6. Giarc

Giarc OpenBuilds Team

It is probably M2 or M3. If it were me, I would not replace it with a grub screw. I would replace it with a socket cap (if there is room. That way, if the hex hole strips, you can still use a plyers to remove it.