Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

X axis Negative

Discussion in 'CNC Mills/Routers' started by AD1x1, Jun 11, 2019.

1. AD1x1

AD1x1 New
    Builder

On my newly setup Workbee cnc my axes are moving fine, however for X axis my digital readout in Mach3 is showing negative values when my spindle is moving from left to right. meaning my 0 is at the most left edge of the table and instead of going to positive it goes into negative X direction and readings are negative.
    My Controller is Stb5100, Motor Driver Tb6600. using laptop/usb..
    I tried all combinations of different limit switch locations on LH/RH, Close/Far end along with changing Homing Directions to support that. I just cannot get a normal coordinate system: X axis to go to X+ when moving to the RHS, Y axis to go to Y+ going away from me and Z axis to go from Highest Position Zero towards Z- when going negative.

Many thanks in advance!

2. sharmstr

sharmstr OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

I havent used Mach3, but do the DROs show machine coordinates or work coordinates. If they show work coordinates, then most likely its completely normal to show negative values depending on where your work 0 is set. When you Jog X+ does it move in the X+ direction?

3. AD1x1

AD1x1 New
    Builder

I am talking about Machine Coordinates. Regardless wherever I create 0, when I move to the right (RHS) it counts -1, -2, .. going towards X-

4. sharmstr

sharmstr OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

5. AD1x1

AD1x1 New
    Builder

No, I just found a solution I was not expecting. I went in and changed X and Z status in Ports/Pins, Motor Outputs from Low Active to Hi Active (unchecked Low Active which was on for these two axes..
    Solved the problem completely..
    Thank you for your help regardless.

sharmstr likes this.