Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Working with the Openbuilds Interface

Discussion in 'General Talk' started by Mike Longden, Mar 27, 2021.

1. Mike Longden

Builder

This is my first time using the Interface, and I’ve already got a question.

I’m running a 3D job and I need to make a tool change, and normally I center the tool to the material with the first tool, and then use the closest original surface to set my Z zero when I was doing it on the PC. But now I’m trying to figure out how to do that with the Interface.

From what I’m seeing, the Interface is more limited than the PC, and being able to switch back over to the PC will be very difficult to get it centered with the part again, because the PC doesn’t have the return to Zero Home currently in the program being ran.

Im hoping that someone is working on developing a switch that would allow the user to toggle back and forth from the Interface and the PC if necessary, and to avoid this type of situation in the future.

Im hoping that there is a way to do this, but if not I’ll definitely be switch the Interface off and go back to using the PC.

2. Richard McWhorter

Builder

oops, this was quite helpful. Just realized I never said Thanks.... So many Thanks!

Peter Van Der Walt likes this.
  3. shudnap

shudnap New
    Builder

I just wanted to point out that after trying everything, when I connect the USB-C to my laptop for the pass-through, my computer doesn't even recognize the port. I am not sure what I have to do. I have replaced the USB-C cable many times with others that are both data and power. If I need to download anything please let me know.

4. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

You use either the PC, or the Interface. Not both at the same time.