Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

WorkBee 1510 Y Hardlimit Error

Discussion in 'OpenBuilds Forum Help' started by Bobbolink, Aug 23, 2020.

1. Bobbolink

Bobbolink New
    Builder

Mark tried several times to paste Serial Console and the Grbl settings file hopefully you can read them.

Attached Files:

2. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

Thanks for the settings, but what exactly is the issue? False Hard Limit triggers? If yes, refer to docs:blackbox:faq-emi [OpenBuilds Documentation]

3. Bobbolink

Bobbolink New
    Builder

I sent another set out under WorkBee 1510 Y hard limit 2 with more detailed info think I sent it to wrong area don't see it under your area.

Peter,
    I attached several images the last one is the image pulled into control giving the g-code operation serial console reading etc. Hopefully you can see the problem and advise me how to rectify it.
    Home settings work fine, its when I select run job the Y axis goes toward the switch till it hits causing the hard limit error; at the same time Z axis comes down toward the zero setting, X axis goes toward the switch......if I move Y axis away from it hitting the switch...X axis switch is hit. All axis have zero settings. I have ran this same drawing several times with no problems till this last upgrade and lost the Grbl setting to the WorkBee 1510. I just don't see the error in the code to be able to fix the problem. Not and expert on the code settings trying to learn as I go. I have yet to actually cut parts out the drawings have to be precise so its back an forth til I achieve the size. I have several drawings made but holding up on cutting out the parts for assembly.

Attached Files:
    Bobbolink, Yesterday at 7:50 PM

#3 Bobbolink, Aug 24, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2020
  4. Peter Van Der Walt

Something went a little wrong with your reply, the images arent accesible.

But

CONTROL can't wipe your settings. Only you (clicking save on Grbl settings tab with either invalid settings in there, or clicking one of the EEPROM reset buttons), or an EEPROM (hardware on the controller) can cause that

Homing does not ZERO the job, so make sure you jogged to the correct origin (and make sure your CAM job is setup to have the origin relative to the stock where you are setting it) and did do SETZERO

CNCs are by nature accurate, so not sure why you are doing that.
    - Calibrate the machine
    - CAM up with the correct endmill diameters and other dimensions
    - Run JOB = accurate

5. Bobbolink

Bobbolink New
    Builder

Cam Job icon does not bring up any choices when I click on it.

6. Peter Van Der Walt

Where are you referring to?