Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Workbee 1510 Y axis motor problems

Discussion in 'Motors' started by Chris__, Jun 30, 2020.

1. Chris__

Chris__ New
    Builder

I ordered and assembled the workbee 1510 and everything works but the y axis motors are for some reason inverted, I've checked all my wiring and can't see anything wired wrong. When I send the order to move backwards the y1 motor moves correctly but the y2 motor goes in the opposite direction, and vise versa. Any help?

2. Rick 2.0

Rick 2.0 OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

Sounds like you have both motors wired the same. Reverse one pair of wires on one of the y-axes. This will set one motor opposite which is what needs to happen on a belted system where the motors sit opposed.

3. Chris__

Chris__ New
    Builder

Reverse them how? Change them at the blackbox or at the actual motor?

4. Rick 2.0

Rick 2.0 OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

The best approach is probably going with the mirror image approach as show in the documentation. docs:blackbox:connect-nema23-reversed-y2 [OpenBuilds Documentation]

You can also just swap a single pair from one of the Y motors as they enter the BlackBox, i.e. if the first two wires are red-blue then swap them to blue-red. Works the same as the mirror image approach shown in the picture but as a picture is worth a thousand words....

Peter Van Der Walt likes this.