Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Workbee 1010 help

Discussion in 'CNC Mills/Routers' started by Troy Zielaskowski, Mar 16, 2019.

1. Troy Zielaskowski

Builder

I recently purchased a Workbee 1010 and have just got it put together. I have created a small test file and I am noticing that my cut layers are shifting on my Y axis. Any ideas what would cause this?

IMG_1513.jpg

2. Alex Chambers

Alex Chambers Master
    Moderator Builder

I assume that your workpiece was held firmly? Are both sides of the Y axis moving the same amount? If only one side is moving check that the coupler is firmly fixed to the stepper and the leadscrew. What control setup are you using?
    Alex.

3. Troy Zielaskowski

Builder

Yes the workpiece is secure. I have checked couplers they are tight. Both sides appear to be turning at the same time. I am using Mach 3 controls. Each layer of cut looks accurate it just seems to shift a little to the right each time

4. Alex Chambers

Alex Chambers Master
    Moderator Builder

Try something simple (eg square), set your workpiece Z zero co-ordinate well clear of your workpiece or spoiler board and machine some thin air. Keep an eye on your tool tip - is it returning to exactly the same place at the beginning of each cut path? If so your problem is likely to be mechanical - something is moving that shouldn't be. It's a bit of a puzzler if the two sides of the Y axis are staying in step.
    Alex. :confused:

5. Troy Zielaskowski

Builder

Think I found the problem. I believe one of the y axis motors is bad. It on occasion sounds like gears grinding inside. Had a spare and swapped it out problem has now gone away. Thank you for the help.