Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Wiring Nema 34 to Blackbox

Discussion in 'Motors' started by Saint Billy, Nov 12, 2021.

1. Saint Billy

Builder

Hi Everyone,

I really need some help here, and just to put you in the picture, my electronics knowledge is very limited as I more interested in what a CNC can produce rather than the construction of the CNC, although the cost savings of building your own CNC necessitates me having to deal with the build side.

I have an existing CNC that I am adapting to a certain extent with Openbuild parts. I have purchased a Blackbox to replace unreliable cheap drivers and power supplies etc. My CNC has 4 x Nema 34's but they consist of 8 wires each. To replace the 34's with 23's would require a total rebuild of the CNC frame as it is floor standing but I am not sure how or if I can wire up these Nema 34's to the Blackbox.

Does anyone have any ideas how to wire this up to the Blackbox as I cannot find much info regarding this particular motor apart from the below.

The spec of the motors.

Longs 34HT9805-37B2

878 oz in Bipolar 2
    1.8 degrees Current
    2A rated voltage
    6.4V Resistance
    3.20hm phase inductance
    15mh phase holding
    9.5n holding torque.

A+ = BLU A-=BLK C+=WHT C-=ORG B+=RED B-=GRN D+=YEL D-=BRN

Four of the wires are obvious but I have no idea what you do with the remaining four.

Many thanks,

Sorry for the multiple images. When uploading it did not confirm that the upload was successful. Only two are relevant.

Attached Files:

2. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

You can wire them up in series or parallel: wiring 8 wire bipolar steppers - Google Search

David the swarfer likes this.
  3. David the swarfer

David the swarfer OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder