Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Which side to mount my X axis limit switch.

Discussion in 'General Electronics' started by mbourassa, Dec 15, 2019.

1. mbourassa

mbourassa New
    Builder

Hi, I am a little confused on my X limit switch and what side to mount it too. From my reasearch it looks like it would go on the left side facing front. I want to be able to use it for homing capabilities. I am gonna attach a pic. The white circles are where I mounted my Y and Z limit switches. Please let me know what side for X switch. Thank You.

Attached Files:

2. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

Literally anywhere! Read through gnea/grbl to understand why
    (Machine Coordinate system is set by Homing. Work coordinate system is set as an Offset from Machine Coordinates. So it doesnt really matter, you'll set work coordinates relative to stock, not relative to machine most of the time)

mbourassa likes this.
  3. mbourassa

mbourassa New
    Builder

Thank you again Peter. I am not used to building a machine of this caliber. I am almost done. My previous hobby was lighting controllers and using an open source software. This is far from that, but I am having fun so far. I Just don't want to screw up. You have been a tremendous amount of help to me. Thank you!

Peter Van Der Walt likes this.