Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Wheels really tight

Discussion in 'CNC Mills/Routers' started by Jon Lindsay Stoddard, Dec 5, 2020.

1. Jon Lindsay Stoddard

Builder

Greetings.

I am having an issue with my wheels being too tight on my LEAD 1010. I can loosen the eccentrics but it does not free up the tight wheels. There are some wheels that will not move at all and others that appear to not even touch the rail at times. I have seen other threads talking about this but am new and am not sure where to start with my situation.

I am also getting a "Error 9 - G-code locked out during alarm or jog state" I think it is because the wheels get too tight. If this is not the case then lI am open to suggestions of what I can do to resolve that problem.

2. Rick 2.0

Rick 2.0 OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

I'll start with the obvious question, did you put the spacer between the bearings inside the wheels? This is the most often overlooked item in wheel assembly and leads to tight wheels.

3. Jon Lindsay Stoddard

Builder

I am pretty sure I did. I was very meticulous about following all the instructions.

4. Rick 2.0

Rick 2.0 OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

Is it a case of the spacing on the holes in the plate being too close together? If so, you'll need to contact the parts store for replacement plates.