Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

What do the ENBL+ / ENBL- pins of DQ542MA exactly do?

Discussion in 'Controller Boards' started by P01, Dec 16, 2018.

1. P01

P01 New
    Builder

Does the ENBL input enable/disable just the communication (PUL, DIR) or it cuts off the power of the motor?
    1. If the driver is disabled, does it mean that the motor is not receiving power and it is possible to move its shaft freely?
    2. If the driver is disabled, does it mean that the motor is receiving power but ignores the ENBL and DIR pins, so the motor applies its holding torque and it is difficult to move its shaft manually?
    I am trying to design an end-stop strategy. I will be developing my code with Arduino and it means that I will make many errors. To prevent any damage I have to make a motor stop when it hits the end-stop switch without Arduino’s intervention. Moreover, stop it as fast as possible, using as a break its holding torque. Here is my idea:
    upload_2018-12-16_20-43-8.png
    However, I do not know if I should do (SWITCH and ENBL) to force ENBL signal, or (SWITCH and PUL) and (SWITCH and DIR) to force PUL and DIR signals instead, leaving the ENBL enabled. It depends on the questions I have asked.