Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

VFD A2-8015 to BB x32

Discussion in 'CNC Mills/Routers' started by Bowbo974, Jan 21, 2023.

1. Bowbo974

Bowbo974 New
    Builder

Hello, I would like to connect an A2-8015 VFD to a x32 blackbox. I followed the tutorial in the documentation, this one brings back to a black box x4 the problem is that the blackbox x32 does not have a DIR output, I would like to know if it is mandatory to connect it? thank you

Attached Files:

2. that-jim

that-jim Journeyman
    Builder

I just looked at the openbuilds documentation I believe that the information in the link they provide is incorrect**. I also looked at the instructions for that unit, you want a relay that closes the fwd to the ground. This diagram is from the instructions for that unit.

upload_2023-1-21_10-4-49.png

You want to use the relay 1 to do this.

3. that-jim

that-jim Journeyman
    Builder

Here is a quick wiring diagram
    upload_2023-1-21_10-40-24.jpeg

4. that-jim

that-jim Journeyman
    Builder

Just a bit more unsupported community-based advice. You won’t get the VFD/spindle to operate with just the 0-10 volt wiring, you will find that you need a connection between the ground and the FWD terminal the instructions show this. The 0-10 wiring sets the speed the FWD terminal starts the spindle.

[​IMG]

I would recommend using a relay or switch but some are happy using a jumper.