Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Vevor VFD/Motor help

Discussion in 'CNC Mills/Routers' started by james adair, Jun 25, 2023.

1. james adair

Builder

Hello All,
    just purchased a new spindle kit...
    need some advise and/or assistance with it.

Vevor H100-2.2C2-C0 VFD control
    110V 1.5kW 3phase motor

1.5kw spindle.jpg vevor 2.2k control.jpg

i have changed settings as needed for motor specs.
    VFD was sold as 110V input but it actually needs 220V (factory F173 - F176 - set as 220V, 11A, CT mode, 50Hz)
    the manual does not even mention 110V for wiring connections other than labeled as L/N

when wired as 110V input, it would not even touch spoil board and stay running.
    error E.Lu would trip - means input voltage is low.
    when connect to 220V input, it now can run but even at -0.2mm 750mm/m on MDF spoil, it bogs down almost to stopping.
    i can double speed to 1500mm/m and it stil bogs down.
    not sure what RPMs are but to turn up or down does not make any difference.

link to video...
    20230625_131527.mp4

i have been searching the web for info/vids on the settings for intermediate voltage and time curve settings and such. either not searching the right info or not much out there to find. mainly about setting motor specs.

i have sent email to seller without any real help from them other than to make sure settings are correct.
    they have not mentioned about the factory settings and the voltage input

2. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

Unfortunately the vendors are the best source of product specific information. The H100 is quite popular though, someone might have a writeup for it somewhere

You will need 220-240v though, 110v usually oy handles the 0.8kw spindles

Mark Carew likes this.
  3. Gary Caruso

Gary Caruso OpenBuilds Volunteer
    Staff Member Moderator Builder

There are so many youtube videos on H100.. as you said its hard to find the right one.
    That's a huge cutter, is it carbide insert type? Is it turning the correct direction, these motors are reversible, or might not have ideal inserts for cutting mdf, sounds like its just rubbing.
    Also might need to increase your rpm to get more power to the cutter.
    If you have 220v that is the way to go, why bother with 120v?
    Gary

Mark Carew likes this.
  4. james adair

Builder

thank you for response.

yes, the motor is reversable
    it is spinning in forward direction - cutting edge into wood
    bit is recommended for max 18K rpm. didnt dare go faster. especially the way it was behaving.
    amazon described bit for mdf flattening (could be mis-represented) - 1/4" shank, 1 1/4" diameter - ER11 collets and bit is wrench tight.
    i dont see how the larger bit at 0.2mm depth would create that much bog-down. that is barely biting into stock with a 25% step-over
    my existing spindle setup was 120V so i stayed with that for input power. - i would have to buy whole new setup if go with 220V and also run new circuit. (circuit is no big deal to add though)
    i measured 126.4V at terminals on a 20A breaker.

i asked the seller about the unit cause even though sold for 120V input, the factory setting is set for 220V, 50Hz. im thinking that could cause issues if it is looking 220v but only receiving 120V.
    i could be wrong but even though i have modified setting per motor nameplate, the processor could not be doing correct job because of the way it comes factory set.
    V/F curve and/or torque boost not being calculated right???

5. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

Apart from the VFD (somewhat configurable, you can make a 220v 1.5kw VFD run a 110v 0.8kw spindle) but your spindle itself is wound for a certain voltage too. Check its specs plate/print. If its a 220v you will need 220v. As its a 1.5kw it very likely is... 110v is only fine for the 0.8kw