Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

vcarve pro p/p

Discussion in 'CAM' started by phoenix fab, Aug 7, 2019.

1. phoenix fab

Builder

hello

im new to cnc i've built a 1500mmx3000mm c beam machine. its using the xpro v3, open builds control and cam. My issue is when im exporting a file from Vcarve pro as an svg its not cutting to scale as well as not cutting circles smoothly. if i cut them in openbuilds it does alot better but vcarve seems to be better for making parts in. im thinking maybe its something im doing wrong in the p/p section i've tried a bunch of different toolpaths when saving them in vcarve likje gcode inch.tap gcode mm.tap etc.

any help would be great thanks

2. jeffmorris

jeffmorris Journeyman
    Builder

Use "GRBL (mm)" postprocessor.

3. phoenix fab

Builder

Thank you. I’ll give it a shot in the morning. That will help me out so I don’t have to buy everything to run mach4

4. jeffmorris

jeffmorris Journeyman
    Builder

You can't use Mach4 to control xPro V3. You'll need Openbuilds Control Software that you can download from this website by clicking on "Software" on the black bar at the top of this web page.

5. phoenix fab

Builder

Thank you.
    Im aware that mach4 isn’t compatible with the xpro. I am currently using the open builds control and cam.
    However when exporting a file from vCarve as an svg or dxf it seems that either have the wrong p/p chosen or another issue.
    That’s why I would hate to scrap the xpro for a Mach controller etc.

6. phoenix fab

Builder

looks like I've somewhat figured it out thank you jeffmorris
    now it seems like i may have an issue with the ganrty not being rigid enough as it has play from one side to the other while running