Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Vcarve Pro 2 sided copy array question

Discussion in 'CAD' started by rbrown55, Dec 27, 2023.

1. rbrown55

rbrown55 New
    Builder

Hello and Happy almost new year

Can anyone help me figure out how to copy both sides of a 2 sided project and run the copy array for both sides at the same time? is it even possible? Doesn't seem like it cause the gap i set wouldnt work for both sides but I was hoping there is a way and it simply applies the gap to the side currently selected.

2. Christian James

Christian James Journeyman
    Builder

Not 100% certain what exactly you mean. However, as far as the first question goes, {Can anyone help me figure out how to copy both sides of a 2 sided project}

One way would be to create an STL file from the 3D object, then load the STL into Netfabb and perform a slice operation. Just save both halves as 2 separate files.

3. Giarc

Giarc OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

I am also not quite sure I understand what it is you are trying to do. Are you not just doing a two sided cut because you do not have thick enough stock and your intention is to glue two sides together? Is it an stl file you are trying to cut, or just a dxf file?