Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

using CONTROL......how to see my job!!!

Discussion in 'General Talk' started by ROY DAVIES, Jun 13, 2024.

1. ROY DAVIES

Builder

help ! sorry i am a slow learner!!!....i finally managed to get my terrain model of Snowdon (from touchterrain>>>carveco...toolpath gcode) into CONTROL app !!! but i cannot wiggle it around in 3d and its appearing as a tiny slither along the bottom of the view window.....I kinda know its there because i can see the arrow moving if i select simulate run.
    Any of you experienced CNCers help me get a bigger image of the job (also one which i can manipulate) in the viewer.

cheers fellow fettlers (a north of england term for men who like to mess about in sheds!!)

2. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

The preview is usually accurate, so if it looks wrong, the gcode probably is wrong. Post the gcode for review.

Otherwise welcome to zoom 3D view (mouse wheel, middle and right mouse buttons respectively for zoom, tilt and pan)

3. ROY DAVIES

Builder

cheers for the reply.....gcode looks fine......but i havent got an external mouse on my laptop in order to zoom in on view etc

i guess the answer is get an external wireless mouse!

4. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

Or wired. Nothing like a runaway jog because the wireless mouse dropped signal just as you let go of a jog button. CNCs create EMI, wireless does not do good around EMI

David the swarfer likes this.