Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Use of Rexroth Linear Actuators

Discussion in 'General Talk' started by Eric Marcos Soberano, Oct 8, 2019.

1. Eric Marcos Soberano

Builder

Hi Openbuilds Community,

I am Eric from the Philippines and I would like to seek your expert advice regarding a build that i am planning to do using Rexroth Linear actuators. Recently our company will be decommissioning one of its package palletizing machine which uses linear actuators, what it does is that it arranges packs of beverages into a preset position for pallet layer preparation. When I heard that they will be throwing away the machine, I managed to request for a purchase on the linear actuators, they have not allowed me to buy the servo motors and controller, this is for some security reasons.
    But the question for now is that, can I really use these for my CNC build? Will it be accurate for use in CNC? Do you have recommendations for the design using the linear actuators? I have attached pictures of the linear actuators still attached to the machine. Hoping that you can help me with this project. Thanks in advance.

Attached Files:

2. Rick 2.0

Rick 2.0 OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

Interesting opportunity. Accuracy is probably not a problem unless there is play in the system. That you should be able to check for. The main issues here are size and replacing the steppers and control system. How big are the current servos? Can they be economically replaced? Can you find a driver to run them.? These are the main issues you need to resolve before you go too much farther.

MaryD likes this.
  3. Eric Marcos Soberano

Builder

Thank you Rick for the ideas. i will research more regarding those you mentioned.