Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

USB motion control?

Discussion in 'General Talk' started by DaveySLP, Jul 6, 2024.

1. DaveySLP

DaveySLP New
    Builder

Hi, I recently posted about how to code custom software for the BlackBox. However, I wonder if anyone knows of good USB motion control card to be used for controlling a specialized machine I'm making out of open builds parts?

It would need to have things such as the DLL and command libraries with it also (I'm going to be using Visual C++ to code). The Velleman kits (this for example Usb experiment interface board) have this, but they're not strictly motion control, they just have PWM with some analogue and digital outputs for use.

I'm hoping for a card that has the usual pulse and direction to at least 4 axis that I can create a custom interface for. The reason I'm doing this is that this machine will be sued to create something that no CNC machine is currently designed to do. And so using readily available interfaces such as the OpenBuilds one (which is excellent for running my other machines) is not an option. I decided, after looking into it, that the BlackBox as a controller in this instance is not possible as it is g-code oriented and my application requires control of the step pulse train directly rather than 'go to' motion (g-code) like commands.

Have been researching different cards for a while, but coming up a bit empty handed, so just wondering if anyone here knows about something I missed!

Many thanks for anyone who can help, D :)