Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Upgrade time!

Discussion in 'General Talk' started by Chris Hauser, Jan 4, 2019.

1. Chris Hauser

Builder

Greetings.
    I have a question or two. I bought a used C-beam plate cutter from fleabay a while back. It came with a Rigid router, a power supply, and a supply of bits and other goodies. I have watched Kyo Shinohara's really cool video about the Sphinx. I would like to upgrade my C-beam Plate Cutter to the larger Sphinx 1050, as it appears i can save some cash by re-using some of my plate cutter parts.
    1. Is there an upgrade kit? I'm not so knowledgeable about what mechanical connections are best, and what is compatible with what. Especially since Kyo's video is a couple of years old, and my C-beam is older than that.
    2. My machine has the original (low torque) NEMA 23 motors. Would they serve, or do i need to upgrade all around?
    3. Would my older CNC PRO V.3 control board be compatible?
    My intention is to simply build a machine with a larger work envelope, using as much as possible with the old machine's parts. I've enjoyed my machine, and made a few things with it. But new CNC routed kitchen cabinet doors are in order. :)
    If anyone has a build list, ideas, or better suggestions, I'd appreciate your thoughts. And thanks for reading.