Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

unwanted repeat cuts

Discussion in 'General Talk' started by Tracy5, Jan 27, 2022.

1. Tracy5

Tracy5 New
    Builder

I have a 1515 and my question is , after completing my first carve of the day , I load another project and proceed to cut the second project , the first project cuts again . I`m not very knowledgeable on computers , so I spend alot of time trying to learn the software of cam . Can you tell me why it would do this ? Both my first and second projects did the same thing . I`ve only completed a few simple projects because most of my cuts I make are sample cuts on junk wood trying to see what it will do . I`m afraid of waisting good wood . Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Tracy

2. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

Please attach the gcode files for the first and second jobs for us to check

What CAM / Post are you using?

3. Tracy5

Tracy5 New
    Builder

I`m sorry but I don`t know how to attach files . and the cam is openbuilds software that came with 1515 . This is the first time it has done this . It may not help you to know this but , The first file was a file I did in inkscape , the second file was my last name I created in openbuilds cam. When my husband gets home he can help me attach the files.

Peter Van Der Walt likes this.
  4. Peter Van Der Walt

There is an "upload a file" button below the text box where you enter your reply

Did you clean the workspace (File>New or manually deleted all toolpaths and documents) before you started creating the second job?

5. Tracy5

Tracy5 New
    Builder

I thought I cleared it all tool paths . If it happens again I`ll get my husband to help me send you the files . Thanks for your response . I really enjoy working with our machine and learning what it will do . I just learned what the pocket toolpath will do . thats what I was cutting with when it cut the same file twice .

Peter Van Der Walt likes this.
  6. Peter Van Der Walt

I suspect you had an old toolpath still in the Toolpaths section on the right. Best to use the File > New Workspace option before starting a new project so its all fresh :)

Good luck!

Giarc likes this.