Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Trouble withworkbee 1510

Discussion in 'Tutorials' started by Matt Riberich, Apr 26, 2020.

1. Matt Riberich

Builder

I cant get my machine to cut things out right. The items in the circle should be 2" you can see on the y axis they are really close. On the x axis the are off. I have calibrated, checked belts, wheels and most other things I can think off. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Attached Files:

2. Rick 2.0

Rick 2.0 OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

Check for a loose set screw on the Z-axis pulley.

3. Matt Riberich

Builder

Why do you say on the z axis. I'm trying to educate myself. I would have guessed the x axis due to the is the direction that is not coming out correctly. I will look at it

4. Rick 2.0

Rick 2.0 OpenBuilds Team

Sorry, brain fart. (Been a long day). I meant the X-axis.

5. Matt Riberich

Builder

ok didn't really think that was the problem. I finally took the x belt off and sure enough that pully is loose. it didn't look like it moved when the belt is on it. now I guess I have to find new set screws tomorrow. these are striped out. can't get them any tighter. any suggestions for replacement

Peter Van Der Walt likes this.
  6. Alex Chambers

Alex Chambers Master
    Moderator Builder

Is it possible to drill out and re-thread larger?
    Alex.

7. Matt Riberich

Builder

The threads are not stripped the part where the Allen wrench goes into the set screw is strippe . I think I'm going to try and find a bolt with a head on it.

Giarc likes this.
  8. Giarc

Giarc OpenBuilds Team

I use an actual m3 (or are they m4) socket head screw with blue loctite, not those little set screws (see picture). You can grab them with a vice grip if they become stripped. On my threaded rods I went a little overboard and drilled into the threaded rod and tapped that with the matching thread.
    upload_2020-4-28_20-28-59.png

Peter Van Der Walt likes this.
  9. Edmundo Lopez

Builder

I'm having a similar problem. I calibrated, tighten up the belts and adjusted the V-wheels my Workbee 1510 CNC. I was able to get very accurate parts out of HDPE plastic for a robot my students and I are working on. Lately, my Workbee 1510 has develop accuracy issues.

On the picture below the small holes were drilled first as you can see they follow a the pattern from the design on V-Carve see second picture. . IMG_4888.JPG

The pocket holes are next, the first one to be work on is the one at the X,Y origin, as you can see the pocket is suppose to be equal distance from the smaller 4 holes and is dilled a little off.
    As the operation continues to the other pockets the error gets more and more pronounced. Next the a center hole is re-drilled and as seen on the picture above and is off center by a 1/6" on the "X" axis.
    The last operation is to drill a hole slightly smaller than the pocket hole all the way. I had to stop the CNC since it was going to damage the bit.

Do you have any ideas of what could be causing this. I'm new at this and I'm in the process to get to know my machine. I have obtained very accurate pieces from this machine and I'm very impressed with its capabilities. Any help would be appreciate.

Capture.PNG Capture2.PNG

10. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team

Belts gone loose?
    Pulley slipping on motor shaft?
    Or Max Rate /Acceleration settings too high causing stalling during rapids