Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Trouble mounting pillow bearings

Discussion in 'CNC Mills/Routers' started by Patrick66, Sep 29, 2024.

1. Patrick66

Patrick66 New
    Builder

I'm having trouble figuring out how to mount my pillow bearings. I'm using 2040 v-slot extrusions (48.03"/1220mm long) and T10 lead screws. The problem I'm having is that the bearings for the T10 lead screw pillow bearing won't mount directly to the extrusion (53mm for KP10 or 45mm KFL10 mounting hole spacing) and I can't find mounting plates with 53mm/45mm hole spacing (For the bearings) AND 20mm holes to mount to the extrusion. I'm considering making legs out of 2020 T-slot extrusions to put in the corners (the 2040 V-Slot will butt up to it at the ends. the total length will then be 48.75" or 1240mm). They'll stick up slightly above the 2040 extrusions (because of the mounting holes for the KP10 bearings). My concern with that is if the bearing will stick off enough to meet the lead screw. With a slotted plate, however, I could adjust how far out the bearing rests (with the plate on the front and the KFL10s and screw on the sides). Does anyone know of plate like this or does the leg solution sound feasible? With the legs, I'd use KP10s. With the plate, I'd use KFL10s with .

2. Giarc

Giarc OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder