Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Travel distance settings on Interface

Discussion in 'Interfaces' started by SupaCraig12, Nov 9, 2021.

1. SupaCraig12

Builder

Is there a calibration for the amount of distance the interface displays or any reason this would read differently from actual distance travelled. I adjusted my GRBL settings when putting on my new motors. When I set a new "zero" I'm consistently getting different distances from calipers compared to what the display on the interface is saying. Probably by .100" or less depending on the distance travelled. When I do set a new "zero" and move the gantry around then click on "go to xyz zero" everything does seem to go back to the correct zero location. I was hoping the interface had an incremental setting somewhere so I could try to get a more consistent reading but doing a quick search on that it looks like that's a no go.

2. Gary Caruso

Gary Caruso OpenBuilds Volunteer
    Staff Member Moderator Builder

Hi SupaCraig, Sounds like you need to calibrate your steps/mm. Post your GRBL values here so we can take a look.
    Cheers
    Gary

Giarc and sharmstr like this.
  3. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

Use your computer to do initial shakedowns. Wizards and Tools menu > Calibration

SupaCraig12 likes this.
  4. SupaCraig12

Builder

For whatever reason the calibration on the Z worked.. None of my GRBL settings were changed but running that calibration seemed to work. thanks Peter and Gary

Peter Van Der Walt likes this.