Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Tramming

Discussion in 'CNC Mills/Routers' started by Cornerspace, Apr 9, 2021.

1. Cornerspace

Builder

Well my Cbeam is not 100% true. Will using the flattening bit with the Openbuild Control address this? From what I presume, by levelling the waste board in line with the cutting head I can get a flatter cutting surface? Or should I shim up the router to get the required tramming?

2. JustinTime

JustinTime Veteran
    Builder

The flattening of the spoil board is only to correct unevenness in the spoil board, it will not correct the problem of the Cbeam not being true. When you say 'true' to what part are you referencing it? If it is not 90° to the Y axis than fix that before attempting to flatten the spoil board.

Alex Chambers likes this.
  3. Cornerspace

Builder

The Y is at 90 but the router is off by a few degrees. Do you use shims? Am referencing it off a spirit level.

4. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

Not a solid strategy. Not accurate enough, and its referencing gravity, instead of the XY plane

1) Level base so X and Y moves in a perfectly flat plane (axis movements, not bed)
    2) Make sure Z is perfectly perpendicular to the XY plane
    3) make sure router is square to the XY plane in both directions (side to side and forward/aft)

Cornerspace likes this.