Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Tramming Suggestions

Discussion in 'CNC Mills/Routers' started by Evilspawn, Jul 3, 2022.

1. Evilspawn

Evilspawn New
    Builder

I'm trying to tram my spindle on my Lead 1515 and I'm running into some issues figuring out the best/easiest way to go about it.
    I'm getting steps when I surface my material, but they only appear when the machine is traveling from right to left on the x-axis. I removed my spindle to try to figure out the failure point and it looks like my spindle mount isn't parallel to the x-axis. How should I fix that? PXL_20220703_154937017.jpg PXL_20220703_164241589.jpg

Attached Files:

2. Giarc

Giarc OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

It looks like you put your eccentric nuts on top on the X axis gantry plates. If that is the case, that may be your problem. If one is tighter than the other side, it may slightly lift the whole gantry cart on that side which is why your Cbeam is level, but not the spindle mount. I always put them on the bottom so the gantry is level with the beam and then the only thing the eccentrics need to do is move the wheels up into position to tighten every thing up.
    upload_2022-7-3_10-29-25.png

Gary Caruso likes this.
  3. Evilspawn

Evilspawn New
    Builder

Yep, that's exactly what I did. I thought it would be easier to access them if I installed it that way, but I didn't consider the fact that they move and thus could alter the orientation of the z carriage.
    Any chance I could flip that without an extensive disassembly?