Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Table Shake - LEAD 1515 on Modular Table

Discussion in 'CNC Mills/Routers' started by x30_kyle, Apr 2, 2023.

1. x30_kyle

x30_kyle New
    Builder

I have a LEAD 1515 mounted on a 1515 Modular table and its getting a lot of general table shake with any quick direction changes while cutting. Mainly with Y axis direction changes. Has anyone come up with any clever ideas to add rigidity to these Modular tables? I have some thoughts, but don't want to reinvent the wheel if someone has already solved this.

2. Rick 2.0

Rick 2.0 OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

3. x30_kyle

x30_kyle New
    Builder

Thanks, I'll look into these.

4. David the swarfer

David the swarfer OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

diagonals, or 'triangles', are the stiffest construct, so you need to create triangles at all the leg joints, bigger is better (-:

5. x30_kyle

x30_kyle New
    Builder

I ended up putting large gussets on all corners last night and ran a test to see if this is where the shake was coming from. Ultimately I determined the majority of the shake is coming from the slop in the caster wheels (they were locked) rather than the table itself. While it is nice to be able to roll it into position, I think the only fix may be to go to fixed feet unless I can find better tighter tolerance caster wheels that are M8 for the threaded foot plate.

David the swarfer likes this.
  6. Fifth_rendition

Builder

Does anyone here have the specifications of what the did to strengthen the table down further?

I'm thinking of getting 4 20x20x1000 v rails and cutting them down to 860mm ish, so I can make triangles on the y sides.

Thank you