Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Surfacing Problem

Discussion in 'General Talk' started by eric weatherman, Jul 17, 2024.

1. eric weatherman

Builder

seeking advice on how to trouble shoot. I am attempting to surface new spoiler board on my Lead 1010. I am attempting to use a 1 inch surfacing bit and my problem seems to be the machine keeps over shooting the spoiler board on the X & Z by nearly an 1 1/2 inch...each I've had to safety switch stop to avoid damaging the machine. I rechecked my fusion and file and nothing seems to stand out why this keeps happening...its like the machine truly doesn't know its boundaries. It doesn't matter if I set my XYZ on the left corner or in the middle of the spoiler board same result. My black box is pretty old and not one of the new models. I am hoping to learn what could be some good ways to try and trouble shoot and see what the root cause is.

2. Alex Chambers

Alex Chambers Master
    Moderator Builder

What toolpath are you using in Fusion? - the surfacing toolpath ALWAYS moves beyond the stock box dimensions. If that is the issue use a pocket toolpath.

Alex.

eric weatherman likes this.
  3. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

CONTROL > Wizards and Tools > Surfacing wizard an option too (does not overshoot)

eric weatherman likes this.
  4. eric weatherman

Builder

Thank you for the suggestions!