Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Suggestion: add functionality to Interface module

Discussion in 'CNC Mills/Routers' started by Barzalou, Jan 21, 2021.

1. Barzalou

Barzalou Well-Known
    Builder

Hello,

going through the process of using the Interface module and understanding its use, I suggested before Christmas that OB add PC upload of files to the Interface module. It's working great, thank you. As a followup on possible improvements, as I was sending G-Code files to the Interface module via the browser using its IP address, I found that as I'm working on refinements of a given job, you find yourself needing to upload updates of G-Code files you already sent. Unfortunately, when you try to re-upload a file using this method, it gives you a "UPLOAD FAILED:FILE ALREADY EXISTS: yourfile.GCO". Can you either allow an overwrite of the file asking first if that's what we want to do or, if you could give us a simple FTP like interface to manage (view, rename or erase) the contents of the USB Flash drive attached to the Interface module (supposing that's where the files are sent).

Thanks

#1 Barzalou, Jan 21, 2021
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2021