Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Student version of SolidWorks

Discussion in 'CAD' started by Steve the Kiwi, Sep 25, 2022.

1. Steve the Kiwi

Builder

When I started building my 3D printer (Dash-X 3D - a Kiwi version), an existing project from here, I was able to download SolidWorks Student version from the supplier of the extrusions and other items I sourced from Australia - MakerStore in Melbourne. They for hobbists, had a link and a code to use to enable the registration and download. The licence has now expired and with the existing serial number I have I cannot get the student version to revalidate and thus operate. Any thoughts please? I do not wish to go to Fusion.

Ironically, I use SolidWorks in my day job but I am not able to borrow a licence. I am this week doing a refresher on surfaces at a SolidWorks seminar and will ask the seminar leader.

2. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

Contact the supplier - ensure they did provide you a legal key, and if so its up to them to resolve it with the Vendor if its failing to activate a validate subscription. Also make sure you are still in the licence validity period.

Otherwise, see CAD Software | SOLIDWORKS™ - Dassault Systèmes® to purchase your own licence - note it is a 12 month subscription.