Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

strange toolpaths in openbuilds control

Discussion in 'Control Software' started by asig, May 22, 2022.

1. asig

asig New
    Builder

Hi there, sorry if this is a known issue or a dumb question, but I'm new to CNC machines and open builds control.

For most parts I've made, the 3d viewer in open builds control seems to show a very reasonable toolpaths - corresponding to what fusion 360 shows, however I've recently been trying to just cut some d-holes and the Toolpaths seems to make no sense with random tool excursions into the part. I uploaded the .nc file to ncviewer and it looks exactly like what fusion shows. So I think the issue is with the control software and not my settings in fusion. Or is there some setting that could be off in control? Any help is appreciated. I've spent an embarrassing amount of time trying to figure out where I'm going wrong.

Thanks so much!

Attached Files:

2. JustinTime

JustinTime Veteran
    Builder

I don't have OpenBuilds Control on my computer so I can't check it on it but I noticed that if you have selected a Lathe option you'll get that kind of tool path. If you select router it's the tool path you see in Fusion. I don't recall if there is an option to select 'Lathe' in Control.

The attached files I generated in a online viewer.

Attached Files:

#2 JustinTime, May 22, 2022
    Last edited: May 22, 2022
    Peter Van Der Walt likes this.
  3. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

David the swarfer likes this.
  4. asig

asig New
    Builder

Ok, thanks so much! I had been using the generic grbl postprocessor, but switching to the new post processor you linked did the trick!

Peter Van Der Walt and sharmstr like this.