Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Still can't program settings

Discussion in 'Control Software' started by robert christensen, Jun 20, 2024.

1. robert christensen

Builder

2y axis nema 23 1/8 step, tb6600 set to 1/8steps 2 amps laser cnc. I'm using OB controls now but still having same issue's, when I go to the set up wizard I do my first line select 101.6 mm(=4 inches) it moves 26 inches or about 644 mm, it then tells me to put $100 to 48, but the grbl hand book through the calculations I should start at 320, I'm on my 3rd tb6600, what next my black box is missing pwr cord plug(on order) id like to run this at 1/8 step and 3amps but it's not working oh and brand new 36v grbl controler
    Everything is using 24v
    And I'm looking for information on how to set. $110,$111,$112, $120,$121,$122 ??

2. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

Read the entire Grbl Wiki.. All of it. Even the boring bits. Its a goldmine of valuable info of what Grbl expects from you Home

3. robert christensen

Builder

Does anyone offer grbl courses?

4. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team

Not really but that Grbl wiki tells you all you need to know. Inaccurate calibration means something else (acceleration/max rate, or physical like driver current, slipping shaft coupler, binding etc) is causing stalling. Before calibration it needs to be reliable.

5. David the swarfer

David the swarfer OpenBuilds Team

the calibration wizard is correct and accurate, I would trust it rather than theoretical calculations.
    There are resources on these forums that describe the mathematics in detail if you want to do it manually.
    I have also described previously that it is possible to calibrate an entirely unknown system, ie where you don't know the motor steps, microsteps, gear ratios, belt or leadscrew pitch. You just have to make some sensible assumptions (like assume 200 steps per rev, 8x microstepping, set steps/mm to 1 and command a move of 1600mm which should turn the shaft 1 turn exactly, and calibrate from there)

Giarc likes this.