Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Start, Hold/Door, RST

Discussion in 'Controller Boards' started by Corey Applegate, Mar 7, 2021.

1. Corey Applegate

Builder

In the openbuilds software on the troubleshooting tab there is the section that you can test if your limit switches and other Inputs like touch probe are functioning. There are also three other indicators START:OFF, HOLD/DOOR:OFF, and RST:OFF. The only documentation and user connections I can find are for the Door. How can I use this START and HOLD functions. I can see a use for hardware switches on the machine being handy.

2. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

Not available on BlackBox, but Grbl supports those on an Arduino Uno etc

3. Self-controls

Builder

If it is not available, what about using RX and TX through a PI, Arduino etc. A cycle start is essential to my build.

4. Peter Van Der Walt

5. Self-controls

Builder

I have one. it currently works as a passthrough. The USB-C is connected to the computer and the rx,tx from Interface to Blackbox. It does not appear that the UI talks to interface as the positions are different. but if I wanted to move a axis I could. The run file button is greyed out as I do not have a file loaded from the usb drive. It would be nice if everything worked in unison and the interface was a true pendant. Is it possible in the future for this to work like that? I am testing the N.O. part of the door switch. Computer start, hit the button, Pause, Get in front of the router, resume and pause if necessary. It is crude but might work

6. Self-controls

Builder

Edit...While that does stop the CNC, you still have to go back to the UI to start.

7. Peter Van Der Walt

The main purpose of Interface is to replace the PC, not really supplement it. The passthrough is there, for fun, but its not a very serious feature. The idea is you have the Interface on the machine, out in the dusty garage, and keep the computer away from that environment.

#7 Peter Van Der Walt, Mar 12, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2021