Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Spindle start from control software

Discussion in 'Control Software' started by RetThomas, Aug 2, 2020.

1. William Steele

Builder

I just hooked back up to the HP. Works flawlessly. It has to be a setting on the MAC. I just have no clue which 1 or where or how to find it.

2. William Steele

Builder

Any suggestions on what to check and where I can find it?

3. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

OpenBuilds CAM > Settings tab > Settings button
    Compare all the fields between the HP and the MAC to see what you have setup differently on the Mac.

4. William Steele

Builder

Getting closer. I did find a few things different in the settings on the 2 computers. The spindle does turn on now when a start a job but only at very minimal speed. Everything looks to be exactly the same on both programs. I have tripled checked. The spindle will run at 100% bit only when I turn it on manually. The program will also not allow me to to increase the speed during a job as it says it is running at 100% but in reality it's more like 25%.

5. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team

Talking about the slider? Top speed is perhaps limited by gnea/grbl - to prevent damage to the machine - whatever feedrate or overrides you dial in will never exceed the Max Rate values (safety)

Relation between gnea/grbl $30 Max RPM, and what you entered in S-Value settings in CAM

6. William Steele

Builder

Finally. I can't thank you enough for all the help. No way I could have figured it all out on my own! Kudos.

Giarc likes this.
  7. Raul Rabaça

Builder

Hello David
    I have a 1.5KW air cooled spindle and I control it with the Blackbox X32 and OB Interface. The spindle has a programmed ramp up speed time (in the VFD) of 3 seconds.
    I was wondering how I could set up this delay in the G-code when I saw your post. Marvelous!
    Must I put the G4 Pn command (after the M3 Sxxx) every time, or can I make it "automatic"? I'm using Aspire and OpenBuilds GRBL(mm) (*.GCODE) post-processor.
    Thanks

8. Giarc

Giarc OpenBuilds Team

Open the Post Processor and change P1.8 to the value you want and save it. In your case P3.0.

Scroll down in the Post Processor text file until you see this. I used the OpenBuilds MM vectric post processor for the image, but the change would be the same in the inches post processor. docs:software:vectric [OpenBuilds Documentation]
    upload_2023-3-16_19-2-26.png

Raul Rabaça likes this.
  9. Raul Rabaça

Builder

Fantastic, thank you sooo much Giarc !!!
    Gosh I'm really happy with OB !!!