Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Spam filters excessive

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by SWSDT, Oct 11, 2017 at 12:40 AM.

1. SWSDT

SWSDT New
    Builder

I had issues with both emailing the [email protected] not being answered, and presumed lost in a spam filter, as well as registering for this forum. In the case of the forum, even after completing the Google CAPTCHA test I would still get:

1. Your registration has been rejected as it resembles automated or spam-like behavior. Please contact the administrator for further information or assistance.
    Since you provide no phone number or other way to contact you it makes one wonder if this is a legitimate business.

2. David the swarfer

David the swarfer OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder

I think your 'SWSDT' username looks like automated random characters, which characterizes a lot of spambots that try to join the forums.
    Are you really human? (-:

@MaryD will sort you out though....

3. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Resident Builder Project Maker Contest Winner! Builder

Hi SWSDT

It is an issue on our side - thanks for picking it up for us. We're on the line to the web hosting company to get the forwarders sorted out as we speak (;

Just a little additional IT support help, you may want to reach out to your webhosting company and ask them to help setup your SWSDT.com domain for proper DMARC (more info - see dmarc.org – Domain Message Authentication Reporting & Conformance)

I ran your email address through our logs and no entries .

log.PNG

So i ran your domain through a quick MXtoolbox.com check and see they flag your domain as problematic because of missing DMARC records (And 3 other warnings too) That will likely cause you to get flagged as spam all over the internet if not addressed :)

mxtoolbox.PNG

#3 Peter Van Der Walt, Oct 11, 2017 at 8:52 AM
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2017 at 8:58 AM
    Joe Santarsiero likes this.
  4. Mark Carew

Mark Carew OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Resident Builder Project Maker Builder

@SWSDT Thank you for the feedback on this issue. We have it taken care of now and are moving forward with double checking that all is working. :thumbsup:

5. SWSDT

SWSDT New
    Builder

Thanks Peter and Mark!