Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Southern California Newbie

Discussion in 'General Talk' started by Chris Van Roekel, Jun 23, 2024.

1. Chris Van Roekel

Builder

Is there anyone in So. Cal that's really good with the lead 1515? I've been messing with it for months now (off and on) been there 5 limit switches because the z axis crushed them (some times), one sides moving just a hair quicker than the other... just general tuning that I'd be willing to pay someone to come help/show me how to get this perfected. I've been able to create some small stuff but don't trust it enough to do larger items. Thanks in advance
    Signed,
    Frustrated Newbie

2. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

Use troubleshooting tab to switches by hand - before ramming machine into them :) - only reason a switch won't stop the machine is incorrect wiring, or forgetting to enable Hard Limits.

More likely mechanical. Loose setscrews on shaft coupler? Binding? Slipping? Stalling due to incorrect Acceleration/Max Rate settings?
    Stepper motors move "in steps" so can't exactly run "quicker" than commanded to.

Built it well, anything still shaky has only one solution. Build it right. Even if that means rebuilding sections.