Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Soon to be cnc router user - questions...

Discussion in 'CNC Mills/Routers' started by Victor Marland, Aug 7, 2023.

1. Victor Marland

Builder

I am wanting to buy a 1m2 Ooznest Workbee or similar wood router soon.

I already have my own cad cam software (One CNC) which can post out to Mach3 among a host of other posts.

Am I correct in thinking that if I bought the Workbee without any software, I could send G code to the machine and use it properly? I take it Ooznest provide connection software for mac / windows at a minimum?

Anyone using any other software than the ones they sell?

2. Alex Chambers

Alex Chambers Master
    Moderator Builder

By default Ooznest sell the workbee kit with the Duet controller - it uses Rep-Rap dialect of g-code and is not compatible with Mach control software.
    The Duet comes with control software which is compatible with windows or mac as the user interface is written as a web page (store on the Duet - no Internet access required after setting up).
    If you want to stick with Mach then you would need to source your own controller - perfectly possible but you would need to work out what you needed - Ooznest are fairly restricted to the Duet.
    Or, of course, you could switch to a grbl controller - have a look at the Blackbox X32 from Openbuilds.

docs:blackbox-x32:start [OpenBuilds Documentation]

Alex.