Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

some advice please

Discussion in 'CNC Mills/Routers' started by jmh474, Nov 4, 2019.

1. jmh474

jmh474 New
    Builder

So first off im new to the forum so just a big hello.

Im new to the cnc scene but iv got some ok knowledge in electronics and some software knowledge.
    i used to work for an electrical company for the last 10 years but our son needs full time care so me and my partner both look after him, and iv been looking for a new hobby to start from home and iv decided on a cnc router.

So iv been looking around at other peoples projects and im not overly sure on what to do.

so iv been given akz250 controller board also know as leafboy 77, im looking along the lines of a meter x meter build, running nema 23 stepper motors 2 x on the X axis and 1 x on both the Y and Z axis.

Im planning on using 5mm steel u channel for the x axis running on bearings just need to decide on what to run the bearing on.

the sides of the the gantry will be aluminium plate 3mm and the gantry its self will be L shaped 3mm aluminium trying to keep the weight down on top.

The Y axis will run on a bearing system as well and the Z axis will run on a lead screw.

Im planning on using belt driven axis for X and Y something like HTD5.

im just a little unsure on the best plan of action for running the belts, what are peoples thoughts?

any help or advice would be much appreciated

2. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

Have you considered the awesome LEAD CNC 1010 (40" x 40")

MaryD likes this.