Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Solved 90 % Whipping

Discussion in 'Share Parts' started by Excalibur67, Nov 10, 2019.

1. Excalibur67

Builder

Hi at all, i builded a Wokbee (modified) of 1mt. x 2mt with a single start TR12x3 leadscrew and I inevitably stumbled on whipping on the Y axis. I was inspired by Tony Thor's idea of this forum and I modified his idea by customizing it with my structure. In fact due to the thicker leadscrew I had to create supports completely different from the original ones (I printed them with my 3D) and I attached a double rectangular aluminum bar (in my case from 1 mt.) ... see the video....
    I have particularly solved the problem even if some noise is still heard, but I think that when I go to put the spoiler board the structure will become more rigid and therefore I think that the vibrations will be reduced.
    I wanted to share this experience with you because I lost 2 weeks before solving and if it helps someone I'm happy.
    Furthermore, in the meantime I have bought others a little faster leadscrews (TR12x6 - 3 Start) so I can reduce the speed of the steppers and reach higher speeds and then less residual vibrations.
    What do you think ?