Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

SmoothieBoard-MOD for OpenCase Mounting Kit

Discussion in 'Share Parts' started by tobiasvogel, Mar 15, 2019.

1. tobiasvogel

Builder

Hi Everybody,

I really like the idea of the OpenCase Mounting Kit, however I feel it should really support mounting a SmoothieBoard to it.
    I added 8 holes to the current version (outlined in red) that will allow mounting a SmoothieBoard in either direction (I managed to arrange the holes in a way one could even mount a SmoothieBoard at 0°, 90°, 180°, 270° - thus 4 holes are 4mm diameter and another 4 in 4.25mm diameter).
    So by simply drilling these holes a SmoothieBoard could be mounted, however a larger version of the acrylic plates would be needed to really make use of it.
    I will try to create such a version in the next couple of days - in the meantime I would like to share my current solution.

Attached Files:

2. arthur wolf

Builder

Smoothieboard v2 is coming out soon, if you want to add support for that it's very easy, the spacing of the holes for v2 is exactly 100x100mm.

3. tobiasvogel

Builder

Hey,
    thanks for pointing that out! I'll definitely include support for v2 in my version.
    As soon as I am done with a initial version I'll add it here.