Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

(Smaug) 100w 1500x1000mm CNC Laser

Discussion in 'Laser Cutters' started by DeltaModworks, May 4, 2021.

1. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

Power supply voltage?

And on the driver wiring: going push or pull config (signal high or low, ie wired to pulse+ or pulse-)

2. DeltaModworks

Builder

Just wanted to update what had happened now that it's been fixed for quite a while.

When I wired my din connectors, I swapped two of the B- Wires between the two Y motors.
    This let it work slightly because the drivers are one in logic but the small phasing in the physical drivers caused this harsh movement.

Since this, the motion has been working quite well and we haven't had any problems with the Y motors losing steps and gantry twisting!

3. BananaBooBoo

Builder

I have been working on something similar to this before I discovered this website, and happy to see people are doing similar things.

Can you elaborate more about your choice of components? I thought to use the Cohesion 3D controller,
    Do you think it will work?
    I am also thinking about double Y motors, but with belts.

Also I have a very simple hinged plywood cover as an enclosure and I plan to use a cheapo camera to see what's going on to avoid risk of injury/fire. That doesn't cost much to do.

Skulldigger likes this.