Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Slow Cam / creating Gcode

Discussion in 'CAM' started by Kevin ALBA, Feb 1, 2020.

1. Kevin ALBA

Builder

Why is Openbuilds CAM Gcode creator so slow all of a sudden? It takes forever to generate Gcode for simple projects.

2. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

It hasnt been updated in a while (see OpenBuilds/OpenBuilds-CAM and OpenBuilds/OpenBuilds-CAM to confirm) which means "not our fault,nothing has changed" hehe , so if there's a sudden change, investigate locally:
    - Is the files you are working with more complicated than before? (the more points in each vector the more processing it needs to do)
    - different browser, add-ons, browser config? Something that changes on your setup?

It's never been quite fast (as it runs inside your browser) but if you notice a sudden change, something might have changed on your PC.

3. Kevin ALBA

Builder

Yeah i thought of that, and tried on 2 other PCs. Same result. The designs have less than 100 points and use to zip right through them.
    For some reason its slowed down quite a bit. So if nothing has changed on yall end, maybe its a local internet issue. Ill have to check my speeds again.

Thanks Peter

4. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

Internet speed wouldnt relate: It all runs locally on your PC.
    It doesnt send any data back and forth. Your PC's Javascript engine does all the computing.

Post the files, let me just see if theres anything odd inside them
    Also post a workspace export of one of your slow setups (cam -> File -> Export Workspace (.obc) ) so I can check settings etc